I am having a really strange issue with Managed Metadata. I get the classic Error “The Managed Metadata Service or Connection is currently not available” which is usually a permission issue.
However, all the good accounts have permission. In the ULS Logs this is what I found :
Failed to get term store for proxy ‘Managed Metadata Service’. Exception: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Taxonomy.Internal.XmlDataReader.GetDateTime(String name)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Taxonomy.Internal.SharedTermStore.Initialize(IDataReader dataReader, Guid termStoreIdValue, Boolean fromPersistedData)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Taxonomy.Internal.SharedTermStore..ctor(IDataReader dataReader, Guid termStoreId, Boolean fromPersistedData)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Taxonomy.Internal.DataAccessManager.GetTermStoreData(MetadataWebServiceApplicationProxy sharedServiceProxy, Boolean& partitionCreated)
I only found 1 blog post on the issue: http://sharepointbabe.blogspot.ca/2013/04/upgrade-managed-metadata-service.html however I was maybe trying to fix before recreating. And for me it’s pure 2013.. no 2010 in there!
Please find the steps to configure Managed Metadata Service application.
It works for me as a charm.
1.Click Central Administration, and then under System Settings, click Manage services on server.
2.Locate the Managed Metadata Web Service service, and then in that row click Start.
3.Click Application Management, and then under Service Applications, click Manage service applications.
4.On the ribbon, click New, and then click Managed Metadata Service.
5.In the Create New Managed Metadata Service dialog box, in the Name box, type New Managed Metadata Service.
6.In the Database Name box, type NewMMS
7.In the Configurable list, select the proper Managed account.
8.In the Content Type hub box, type http://sharepoint.com(Replace with your web application URL), and then click OK.
9.If the Message from webpage dialog box appears, click OK.
Fixed eventID errors.. however still don’t work and same ULS Logs still in verbose.
And the Event log is full of Event ID 8088 and 8090.
The Managed Metadata Service ‘Managed Metadata Service’ is inaccessible.
The Managed Metadata Service ‘Managed Metadata Service’ has connected successfully.
Inaccessible with current logged in account > successfully with SPFarm account.