As you know powershell is a scripting language that can be written in any text editor such as NotePad, TextPad and so forth. Fortunately, Microsoft created a specific environment for writing PowerShell scripts, called Integrated Scripting Environment (ISE). This scripting environment does not come pre-installed in Windows Server 2008R2 and you need to add it as a feature. In this post I’m going to explain how do you can install ISE!
This post may seem too simple to experts; however, for beginners and even intermediates it is a challenge!
- Open Command Prompt window (run as administrator)
- Execute ServerManager command
- Click Features tab
- In the opened window just check Windows Powershell Integrated Scripting Environment as shown in the following image:
- Installation takes a few seconds
- For launching Powershell go to Run and execute powershell_ise or simply type powershell_ise in “Seach Programs and files on Start menu