As Microsoft has recently rolled out the new modern communication sites to First Release tenants as well as the SharePoint Framework (SPFx), we are starting to see the future of what custom intranet portals could become. These features are a great start for modern intranets, but we are still very early in their maturity. In this session we will discuss the realities of the current state of communication sites and what options you can expect for creating custom UI now and in the near future.
You will learn:
- Intro to Communication Sites
- Intro to SharePoint Framework (SPFx)
- Creating headers & footers with SPFx Extensions
- SPFx Web Part options for custom UI
- Classic Mode options for custom UI & Intranet Portals