With the ever increasing adoption of PDF as the final form, digital format
of choice the ability to locate PDFs by search is essential.
However, there are many reasons why SharePoint may not be able to
successfully index some PDF files in the way that users might reasonably
expect with behaviour and issues differing to those with MS Office files.
As well as “The Top 10 Reasons Why SharePoint Can’t Find That PDF
File” the presentation will also cover issues including
– Indexing of PDF by SharePoint for search covering differences
between 2010, 2013, 2016 and Office 365.
– PDF Specific Indexing Issues such as Image PDFs, PDF Metadata,
Custom Font Encoding, partially searchable PDFs, PDF Security, Vector
– Guidance for approaches to ensure best Searchability.
In this session you will learn:
- Understand the different issues that can cause certain PDF files to be “invisible” to SharePoint search
- Take away best practice guidelines for ensuring full PDF searchability in SharePoint
- Be able to explain to business users how the way they create their PDF files can affect SharePoint search
This session was delivered at the Collab365 Global Conference 2016 and was presented by Neil Pitman.