In my previous blog, we have completed the step-by-step installation of Microsoft SQL Server 2014 R2 in readiness for our SharePoint 2016 install. Now, we’re ready to install Microsoft SharePoint 2016 on Windows Server 2012 R2.
SharePoint 2016 Installation Series:
This series of posts will explain exactly how to install SharePoint 2016 on Windows Server 2013
- Install Windows Server 2013 R2, AD and the Pre-reqs
- How to install SQL Server 2014
- How to install the SharePoint 2016 prerequisites (this post)
- How to configure SharePoint 2016 with the config wizard
- How to create and configure your first Site Collection
1. You can download Microsoft SharePoint 2016 RTM from here
2. You will get “Officeserver” ISO file of 3 GB. Right click on this file and select first option mount.
3. After completion of the mount operation a virtual drive will be added in your computer that contains all setup files.
4. Now, browse the directory and find the “prerequisiteinstall” files to install the all prerequisites for Microsoft SharePoint 2016 RTM. Right click on this files and select Run as Administrator command from context menu.
5. One window appears to check you wish to perform the changes in the System. Click on Yes button.
6. On the following screen you will get the details of all the prerequisites that are required to install and update on the windows Server 2012 R2. Click on Next button to continue
7. On the “License Terms for Software Products” screen, Accept the terms and conditions by selecting the given check box and click on Next button to continue.
8. Now the prerequisites will install one by one until all get installed successfully.
9. Once all prerequisites are installed, you can press Finish button to restart the System. This system restart might take some time.
10. Now you need to go back into the directory where all installation files reside and right click on “Setup” executable file to get the context menu. Click on Run as Administrator command to execute.
11. On the following screen you have to allow setup to make the changes in the System. Click on Yes button to continue.
12. The installation will now start and you can see the installation progress on the splash screen.
13. When the Installation has completed, you will be asked to Run SharePoint products configuration in “Run Configuration Wizard“. Select the “Run the SharePoint Products Configuration Wizard now” option and click on Close button to continue
As of now, we have completed the prerequisites for SharePoint 2016 RTM. If you encounter with any issues while installing prerequisites, click here to resolve issues.
I hope, this will be help to all! 🙂